No WiFi at all

Jun 1, 2019 - 1:43 AM

• Hi all. I had no problem with WiFi when the original image was installed. After I replaced the original image with other Linux distros like Monjaro, Linux MX and Linux Lite just for the test purposes, WiFi stopped working in any of these distros. I went back to Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 and I still can't connect anymore. It doesn't see any available WiFi at all. I tried to configure manually but still no luck. Has anyone had the same problem, or am I doing something wrong?

• The range is pretty terrible without antennas if your far enough away it might not see them. I installed some cheap Amazon antennas to my retro pi and my other one is a plex server so it's hardwired.

• I'm using antennas from the beginning. The Wifi module itself stays disconnected all the time no matter what I do. The icon doesn't show me the list of available wifi networks anymore. I tried manual setup as well. Still can't connect at all. It looks like the wifi chip malfunction but I'd like to hear other people's opinions.