help start atomic

Jun 5, 2019 - 11:49 AM

• hello today I received my atomic pi. these tried to start the system gives me the user screen and password but the keyboard and mouse just do not work. but if I start the bios the keyboard works correctly. what version I recommend to install try lunbuto gives me the installation screen but then it just restarts. please help!

• I would try a different keyboard. You can also try to reset the settings in bios but I don't think it would help.

• I was not able to get a few of my wireless keyboard/mice combos to work from logitec. I also could not get a wired mini keyboard to work.

However i was able to get a basic usb keyboard and mouse to work using a usb 3.0 4 port hub i got from amazon for about 15$. The weird thing is tho neither the keyboard or the mouse work if i plug them in directly. they only work when installed thru the hub... weird i know but i agree. try a few different keyboards and possibly try a hub in the mix..

Good luck. this thing is an amazing little piece of tech. I have two already and plan to buy 4 more.. (nas,IOT logger, robot platform, media player)

• Hello I have the same problem. Doesn't matter if I try to use a simple keyboard, or a keyboard, a mouse and a USB flash drive in a USB2 OR USB3 hub, the power for this devices only works in text mode or in the BIOS. If I try to install Centos 7 core by myself when the installation will enter in the graphic interface, suddenly the hub is powered off and the Atomic Pi board stops working.

• Some hubs drain lots of power unless it's got it's own power source. Have you tried to connect a simple keyboard directly to the board? What charger do you use for the board? I've noticed some cheap charges have unstable voltage. I would try to connect directly and maybe try a different charger if you have around.

• IMHO you really need to power the Atomic Pi with a properly regulated power supply.
    I use a 4amp PSU and connect ALL available power & gnd connections. I've used various combinations of wired kb & wired mouse, wired kb & wireless mouse, wireless mulimedia type keyboard and finally a wired kb & mouse combo with a usb touchscreen. All this connected to a 4 port hub whilst booting from a USB stick.
    I've then run a realtime latency test and browsed the web with Firefox, this is with 3 out of 4 cores isolated for rt tasks.

• I will try a 4amp PSU, because I tested a 2.5AMP PSU with a 4 port usb3 hub.

• Increase the number of power connections as well.

• I had the same problem and it turned out to be the power supply. The atomicpi is very sensifive to voltage fluctuations. I was using a 5V 3.6amp wall wart but the voltage was dropping to 4.85V when powering the atomicpi. Once I switched to a switched (regulated power supply) the issues cleared.

• I had the same problem and it turned out to be the power supply. The atomicpi is very sensifive to voltage fluctuations. I was using a 5V 3.6amp wall wart but the voltage was dropping to 4.85V when powering the atomicpi. Once I switched to a switched (regulated power supply) the issues cleared.

• I wanna say that after I bought a PSU with more AMPs and connected it to GPIO +5v pins 3, 5, 7 and GND pins 4, 6 and 8 everything looks good. The keyboard and mouse works perfectly, the USB flash, the USB hub also works fine, the atomic pi is not shutting down suddenly anymore and the graphic interface of Windows and Linux are good.