Linux installs 100% working?

Jun 14, 2019 - 3:41 PM

• Is there an Linux install that's 100% working at boot? With audio, bluetooth, wifi, etc etc...

• Yes, Manjaro. Successful with both XFCE and Awesome desktops.

• Sound over hdmi also?

• Haven't tried the HDMI audio but everything else runs very well on Raspbian.

• Yes, the sound over HDMI works in Manjaro but, in my case anyway, the multi channel sound output is not correct. Several channels are switched around. I posted on it awhile back asking for help.

• Hi evrybady
    i just turning on my device and android have turning on instantanly but i experiment on bug and i dont know if you filling like that.
    when i try adding other language it will bi bloked the windows language and feeling lag.
    some one have issue?
    tanx for help
    have good day

• I'm struggling to get the images to load, tried the original from digital loggers , manjaro anyone having the same issue?

• I managed to get prime os installed and running, however no sound over HDMI...anyone ?

• I have installed Ubuntu 18.10 five times and it has worked perfectly without fiddling. HDMI audio is perfect as is wireless, Haven't played with Bluetooth but indications are normal. I pulled the Internet connection to keep updates and drivers whose effects I do not know from online installation. Have not tried Ubuntu 18.10 updates, stayed with the ISO.

Obviously Ubuntu has the HDMI drivers needed for the Pi. I am a noobie and like Mint 19 MATE.
    Would it be possible to pull an audio driver/module from Ubuntu 18.10 and install it in Mint 19 MATE since they are closely related?

What would that involve? I need expert advice since I am out of my comfort zone.

• Using Devuan on mine as a very nice mythtv frontend. Probably getting another atomic for the livingroom to eliminate yet another power hogging computer.

• I can Confirm Solus Budgie 4.0 runs like Butter. Everything works. Except the Camera which I only just pulled out of the box to see if they would, but Skype does not see them. Sound over HDMI works on live boot, And Wifi Bluetooth And Ethernet connects at 1000 Mb as it should. I have tested alot of distros in the week I've had it and this just fits like a glove. I experienced the phenomenon where the Bios cannot see any boot devices, I unplugged battery and connected a bootable USB 3 Hard Drive, thumbstick and Micro SD, left battery out, booted, going to bios now shows all devices. If Emmc doesn't show up in the Bios, then it is not seen at an EFI Bootable device. Toss Your fave Distro with Gpartd on a thumb drive and you'll see the emmc in Gpartd, and can fiddle till ya break it again. I have Kodi installed and as a media consumption device its very responsive. The ethernet in Solus is rocking. Created a wifi hotspot on the ATPi while I was streaming some properly licensed content in Kodi and it was solid with really surprising results. After experiencing the factory LuBu it shipped with, and the Bionic/Disco Distros from their site, they felt quite muddy and low on resources. I would like to find an Android x86 Distro that is as well put together as Solus. Phoenix and I think its Bliss OS are on the right track, with their desktop interfaces, but the hardware support is not quite there for the Atomic Pi's Motley Crew of Chipsets, which when they all work, it's a beautiful little machine.