Set up Xmos sound output

Jul 5, 2019 - 11:04 AM

• Hello,

With the lubuntu official image, I have the Xmos output fully working (using 5V for the audio anplifier).

I wanted to use it on another linux (Recalbox). Using Recalbox, I have 2 audio devices :

• HDMI LPE AUDIO (such as on lubuntu)
    • a device with a name that looks like bytnocodec (sorry for the inaccuracy) that does not produce any sound.

I don't have the Mayfield Audio device while checking with aplay -l.
    I simply tried to add the module snd_usb_audio ti the kernel, and to add the alsa-base.conf file of lubuntu in the recalbox /etc/modprobe directory, without result.

These actions are only test, is there any regular procedure to set up the auxiliary audio device ?

Thanks,

• Do you see the XMOS Audio device if you run dmesg?

I had to use the sysfs method on Lubuntu,maybe its the same?
    i.e.

sudo sh -c echo 349 > /sys/class/gpio/export
    sudo sh -c echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpiopin/direction
    sudo sh -c echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpiopin/value
    sudo sh -c echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpiopin/value

After that I see the XMOS device in dmesg

• Hello.
    Thank you for the answer. The init procedure of the xmos processor does not works, the device is still invisible for the system with dmesg.

However a very interesting thing : if I boot official Ubuntu image and after my recalbox OS, the device is recognized in recalbox. Since I do not electrically switch off the power, the device is OK. It really seems that a simple initialization element is missing to me...