HDMI works good on Ubuntu 18.10. Can I insert the Ubuntu 18.10 Audio module into Mint 19?

Jul 14, 2019 - 11:27 AM

• I have installed Ubuntu 18.10 five times and it has worked perfectly without fiddling. HDMI audio is perfect as is wireless, There is a default setting for analog output audio in Ubuntu, I think it is under sound/output in settings. Once it is changed to digital HDMI the audio works.
    Haven't played with Bluetooth but indications are normal. I pulled the Internet connection to keep out updates and drivers whose effects I do not know from online installation. Have not tried Ubuntu 18.10 updates, stayed with the ISO.

Obviously Ubuntu has the HDMI drivers needed for the Pi. I am a noobie and like Mint 19 MATE.

Would it be possible to pull an audio driver/module from Ubuntu 18.10 and install it in Mint 19 MATE since they are closely related?

What would that involve? I need expert advice since I am out of my comfort zone.

This post was edited Jul 14, 2019 11:49AM
  • Quick follow up on my post. The Ubuntu 18.10 default setting for HDMI audio is under settings/sound/output. The output volume needs to be set relatively high.

It is not persistent, on a cold start it reverts back to something else and needs to be reset.